Do you want to spend two years filing, photocopying and making coffee – or do you want a chance to change the world?
Let’s start out by putting everything on the table – too many apprenticeships exist for the wrong reasons. Whether it’s employers who see you as “cheap labour” or colleges just ticking boxes to get their funding – the truth is that your education (and future) often isn’t what’s driving your apprenticeship.
At DigitallyEngaged we see things a little differently.
Our apprenticeship is built on everything we’ve learnt as the UK’s leading Online Marketing Think Tank and, if you’re serious about a career in digital marketing or social media, we’d love to talk with you.
Goal of the Apprenticeship:
When we set out to rethink how people approach online marketing apprenticeships, there were two things that really mattered. Firstly, we wanted to make sure that the training is relevant right now and not just when the textbook was written. Secondly, it’s crucial that by the time you receive your qualification you’re highly employable and streets ahead of people who chose the university route. You’ll soon find that every aspect of your apprenticeship has been designed with those two things in mind.
What You’ll Learn:
The apprenticeship is designed to not only give you practical skills in online marketing, but also to help you understand how to “think” about online marketing and how the different pieces fit together. Everything is based on our award-winning approach to online marketing and the tools and systems we use to deliver campaign every day.
Outside of online marketing (but just as importantly) we’ll also help you make the change from school to the workplace, as well as giving you the skills and habits you need to build a successful career for many years to come.
Your day-to-day role will be varied, both in terms of the clients you work for (from start-ups and SMEs to billion-dollar companies) and the work you do. To give you a taste, you will find yourself:
- Managing the creation of content for online marketing campaigns;
- Distributing content across blogs, social media and through email newsletters;
- Developing social media profiles for DigitallyEngaged and our clients;
- Carrying out marketing across multiple social networks and search engines;
- Working to increase the engagement of audiences and the sharing of content;
- Connecting with potential customers, partners and suppliers on LinkedIn and Twitter;
- Building relationships with external blogs to secure coverage and mentions;
- Reviewing data and statistics to improve the reach and impact of marketing campaigns;
- Working as a part of the DigitallyEngaged team to develop new product ideas and opportunities.
What We Offer:
As a part of DigitallyEngaged we want you to feel valued, respected and – most of all – rewarded. Not only do we offer a quarterly reviewed training salary that increases alongside the progress you make in your apprenticeship, but we’re investing heavily in giving you the benefits, learning opportunities and working environment to create a package like no other.
Requirements and Prospects
What Are You Looking For?
This is probably the most important question to ask yourself. The bottom line is that there’s no point doing a job that isn’t going to excite you, isn’t going to reward you, and ultimately isn’t right for you. Your success is a two-way street, and you need to be as committed to your future as we are – and you need to be sure this is something you can see yourself enjoying for years to come.
So, whilst we’re investing in creating an amazing working environment we’re sure you’ll love, here are some important questions to ask yourself at the outset –
- Are you excited by and interested in how people act, buy and think online?
- Do you have a good attention to detail and can you produce accurate work?
- Are you computer literate and organised?
- Do you have a good level of written English?
- Are you optimistic, curious and open to new challenges and new ways of thinking?
- Can you see yourself working in an office environment, spending most of your day in front of a computer?
- Can you put clients before yourself when things go wrong, time runs out or emergencies crop up?
- Can you live and breathe DigitallyEngaged’s reputation and values both inside and outside of the office?
If you answered “yes” to every question – we’d love to speak with you.
This programme requires a minimum of C grades at GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, English and ICT.
This is a two-year apprenticeship programme. Towards the end of your qualification you’ll be invited to apply for roles within DigitallyEngaged or, if you’d prefer to spread your wings, our outplacement team will help you secure your next role. And as a DigitallyEngaged Alumni, you’ll receive lifetime membership to our online learning and development portal to keep your skills just as sharp as the day you qualify – no matter where your future takes you.
About The Employer
DigitallyEngaged are the UK’s leading Online Marketing Think Tank. Our “very smart folks” (BBC’s Rory Cellan-Jones) work with businesses, professional bodies and educators to help give people the skills, tools and confidence they need to get the best from online marketing.
We work with clients ranging from start-ups to multi-billion dollar companies, our campaigns have been written about by media all over the world, and our thinking has been shared with Universities, professional bodies (including the Chartered Institute of Marketing), and even the stage at TEDx.
Our Milton Keynes team (of which you’ll be a part) is rapidly expanding, and we’re supported by a team of amazing partners and contractors.
You can find out more about DigitallyEngaged by visiting www.digitallyengaged.com or on LinkedIn via our Founder’s profile www.linkedin.com/in/adamnaisbitt
How to apply?
To apply please download our Application form, fill in all the relevant fields and upload alongside your CV to the form below.
For more information please contact Rebecca Coleman on 01908 228680.